By the Shores of Silver Lake is the fifth book in the Little House on the Prairie Series written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Published in 1939, this book tells the story of the 12 months that they moved from Plum Creek to what would become De Smet.
This literature study helps children enjoy the book while learning about some great events that happened during the pioneer time.
This 106-page By the Shores of Silver Lake Literature Study, includes:
- Chapter activities for each chapter of the book. These usually are read and answer type questions.
- Vocabulary worksheets for dictionary work.
- Notebooking Pages for the different animals and plants you will come across in the book.
- Research scarlet fever
- Research checkers
- Letter Writing – write a letter
- Poem Writing – variety of different poetry writing
- Research and learn more about trains and the railroad
- Parts of Speech / Punctuation Activities
- Newspaper Writing activity
- Postcard Writing Activity
Answers are provided for your convenience as well.
To download your copy of this literature study, click on the link below: